Wednesday, July 13, 2011

San Mateo Electrical Rewire

Yesterday I drove out over the San Mateo Bridge to go take some pictures of a home being rewired by our Electricians here at Maine Electric Inc. I knew I had arrived to the right place when I saw our "warehouse on wheels" parked out front. I was taken upstairs to where the rewiring was being done. The home had old style outlets for only two prongs. Also, there was a shortage of outlets to use to plug in their electrical appliances. I found Al measuring out each wall to find the space in between.


 Once he calculated where the center of the wall was he sent up the information the guys in the attic. I went up into the attic and took a look for myself.




The attic was very warm and full of insulation, luckily we were in the bay area and it was early in morning and the heat was not too intense. I found Tim working his way through the attic with the measurements he had received from Al. He was drilling the holes down in between the walls.


Once the holes were drilled, the wires for the new outlets could be sent down into the new outlet boxes. Climbing down from out of the attic I went to see where the wires would end up. I found as the holes above were being made, the boxes down below were being done simultaneously. Each new outlet box had to be cut into wall and each was strategically placed.


Rewiring a house is a big job but nothing the guys at Maine Electric Inc. can't handle! It was great to see the guys working together as a team to complete this project! For more information on the services provided by Maine Electric Inc. Check out our business page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment